Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Busy September

Besides our trip to Hawaii, I took a trip to Utah earlier in the month. My Grandma Casper (my mom's mom) had not been doing so well and on Sept. 12 she passed away at the good ol' age of 90. Although we were sad we were also very happy that she was now where she wanted to be with all of her family and friends that had already passed on. I spent every summer of my life until I was 16 or so in Utah at her house. We all have many many wonderful memories of her and she will be missed. I found this picture of her with Ethan who was 2 at the time and Landon who was about a month old.

So on a Monday afternoon my mom, sister and I along with Ashton, the Twins, Mackenzie and Chloe loaded up and started the drive. Luckily my sister had just gotten a Yukon XL so we were able to fit 5 kids all in car seats, 3 adults, 3 playpens, 2 strollers, and all our luggage into one car. It was the most pleasant of drives and pretty much this picture of Owen sums up how all the adults felt while we were driving.

We did make it though and the funeral was very nice. My cousin sang, I played a piano solo, and then my Dad and I sang a song as well. For those that know my Dad and I well, yes we did actually sing. We should have video taped it because I am not sure when it will happen again. Although we weren't there for the happiest of occasions we did have a very nice time visiting with all of our family.

My Mom

Mackenzie, Lindsay and Chloe

My Cousins Jeff and Monte, and my two brothers Dustin and Matt




My Uncle Ross

2 seriously good comments:

Erin said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma's passing....she was a sweet lady, and I'm glad I got to meet her!

Heidi and Rich said...

Your Grandma Casper was such a sweet lady. I remember being at her home a few times. She reminded me of your mom and I always felt welcome when I was in her home. I hope you all enjoyed your time as a family. I can't even imagine that car ride - 5 little ones. Well I can imagine it but I am glad I wasn't in the XL Yukon!!!